Well we did go ahead and buy this house. We live in it now. What a change. I have- space-.
Its kind of wonderfully ominous. Storage beyond compare. A. formal. dining. room. Yeah.
Im pretty proud of myself. I worked really hard to get this house. Even though I didnt actually
put a lot of money in it myself but I did all the legwork and the housework and the baby watching so I feel completely justified in saying I worked really hard. That was a really bad run on sentence. Its all good though. Im finally allowing myself to let the sense of accomplishment sink in. Its also creating a sense of a turning point in time for me like. as. GULP. A grown up.
I first started noticing these lovely little lines everywhere under my eyes a few months ago but since I have better lighting now they are looking deeper. Fortunately for me, I sell AVON so I have access to good creams. I smear them on with a prayer. All of those things they said bad about becoming a parent and having to have patience and being an adult are coming true. But, I feel more prepared for challenges that would have otherwise rendered me helpless. Life experience is now my most cherished tool. Taking advantage of and appreciating life's wisdom will no doubt lead to more of it.
I miss everyone. I want to just go visit all of my relatives and like schedule out who to see on what weekend. Wow that would overwhelm the crap out of the old hubby. I do really feel that way though. I must broaden my horizons and reinvent myself. I have this fantastic closet now. It is my little temple to my sanity. When I walk in, I feel like I have so many options and life is looking up. It has helped me to reshape the way I look at myself and I am grateful for such a truly reflective mirror. I've become unswervingly aware that life is extremely short. My baby just turned a year old and I feel like Im still having contractions. I know more surely than I know anything else, that the years do not slow down. Embrace every moment.
If I seem distant and aloof please remember my heart is constant.
My brain is too fast for my hands and my mouth and I must remember
to filter out what is important.
Love and wishing positivity.
Ash
1 comment:
Oh Ash how I miss you!!! Dave and I were just reminiscing last night about you, Alena and Alesha as kids. It's SO hard to believe how much you have grown from when I first met you 19 years ago. We cherish the memories of your mom sending you out to stay with us that summer. The Chonie Chicks and Panty Princess will live forever in our household! I am so very happy for you buying a home. It can be overwhelming but such a great feeling too! Take care and hope we will get to visit soon!!!
Auntie Nancie
Post a Comment