Thursday, January 8, 2009

holy crap I think Im gonna buy a house.

I think there's no time like the present. Back when I had a paying job (cause being a full time mom IS A JOB thank you very much) we almost bought a house but would have only been able to get a sub prime option ARM mortgage. By the grace of GOD at the very end when escrow was going through the bank pulled out. If we would have got that home, we would have purchased a house that would be worth 80,000 dollars LESS now. Yeah like WHOA. So the median price for homes in our liking has dropped 100k. Houses are about as cheap as they are going to get and I am gonna snag me one. We are currently renting a house that is about 90 years old and let me tell you, it feels 90 years old. This old hag needs an overhaul. Its probably been a rental now for 20 years and I don't think anyone has cared much about it for that time. Despite my best scrubbing and bleaching efforts- I hate it. I hate it I hate It I HATE IT. There are paint chips randomly falling off the walls and I have a very mobile 9 month old. Nuff said.

So, we're meeting with someone from the Bank monday to see if we can qualify for
a Federal Housing Authority loan. If all goes well we will be shopping here soon for a new
domicile.

I cant wait to demo some walls and put in my jetted tub. Yeah baby.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Nan said...

I will be praying for you! I'm SO happy for you guys! Now really IS the best time to buy. It might not get any better.
My only advise: Shop around. Remember location location location. Make a list of what your ideal house will have and don't settle for less. Remodeling is expensive and a pain in the buttocks...unless you have a handy husband or friends.